Support for Patients and Families
No matter the stage or the prognosis, a cancer diagnosis completely changes your life. At Nebrsaka Cancer Specialists, we are dedicated to making the process- from treatment through recovery- go as smoothly as possible for you. We have many services to help support you and your caregivers. These services include:
- Clinical Trials
- Integrative Cancer Care
- Nurse Navigators
- Cancer Rehabilitation programs
- Survivorship programs
- Physical and Occupational Therapy programs, including lymphedema management
- Cancer Genetic Counseling
- Nutrition and Dietary services
- Social workers
- Emotional care for patients and their families
In recent decades, cancer treatment has made great strides. Patients are receiving more effective therapies and achieving higher success rates. But while outcomes are improving, science has yet to find a way to treat cancer without side effects.
When it comes to managing side effects, we won’t let you face them alone. There are appearance-enhancement programs designed to help you cope with and overcome some of the physical side effects of cancer treatment. Clinical cosmetologists, certified breast prosthesis fitters and massage therapists have been trained to provide services especially for cancer patients.
- Image Recovery Center® located at Midwest Cancer Center – Legacy and CHI Henry Lynch Cancer Center Bergan
- Look Good. Feel Better. Program provided at and Midwest Cancer Center-Legacy, Methodist Eastabrook Cancer Center and CHI Henry Lynch Cancer Center Bergan, .
- Nebraska Cancer Specialists' staff can recommend and direct you to a provider of support services to meet your individual needs.