Support for Patients and Families
No matter the stage or the prognosis, a cancer diagnosis completely changes your life. At Nebrsaka Cancer Specialists, we are dedicated to making the process- from treatment through recovery- go as smoothly as possible for you. We have many services to help support you and your caregivers. These services include:
- Clinical Trials
- Integrative Cancer Care
- Nurse Navigators
- Cancer Rehabilitation programs
- Survivorship programs
- Physical and Occupational Therapy programs, including lymphedema management
- Cancer Genetic Counseling
- Nutrition and Dietary services
- Social workers
- Emotional care for patients and their families
In recent decades, cancer treatment has made great strides. Patients are receiving more effective therapies and achieving higher success rates. But while outcomes are improving, science has yet to find a way to treat cancer without side effects.
When it comes to managing side effects, we won’t let you face them alone. There are appearance-enhancement programs designed to help you cope with and overcome some of the physical side effects of cancer treatment. Clinical cosmetologists, certified breast prosthesis fitters and massage therapists have been trained to provide services especially for cancer patients.
- Image Recovery Center® located at CHI Henry Lynch Cancer Center - Bergan
- Look Good. Feel Better. Program provided at and Midwest Cancer Center-Legacy, Methodist Eastabrook Cancer Center and CHI Henry Lynch Cancer Center - Bergan.
- Nebraska Cancer Specialists' staff can recommend and direct you to a provider of support services to meet your individual needs.
- Cancer.org – Provides patients with an easy way to learn about cancer, stay healthy, and find support and treatment options.
- Cancercare.org - Provides free, professional support service and information to helpe people manage the emotional, practical and financial challenges of cancer.
- Cancerconnect.com – Links patients with supportive care, survivor stories, and complementary therapy
- LBBC.org (Living Beyond Breast Cancer) – Connects people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support.
- TheCancerJourney.com – Provides personal cancer coaching services, to growing population of cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers, and cancer coach training for those who want to serve the cancer community.
- PreventCancer.AICR.org – Provides recommendations, tools, and information on how to reduce your risk for cancer, as well as, the latest in cancer research.
- I Can Cope Online – Provides an online educational program for cancer patients, as well as their family and friends. The program is comprised of self-paced classes that can be taken any time, day or night.
- MyCancerCircle.net – Provides people with a free, private support community for caregivers of people facing cancer.
- ACOR.org ( Association of Cancer Online Resources ) - ACOR is a unique collection of online cancer communities designed to provide timely and accurate information in a supportive environment.
- COAAdvocacy.org (Community Oncology Alliance - Recognizes the vital role patients should play in advocating for access to local affordable care for all cancer patients
- Harper's Hope - Cancer Survivorship Program at Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center
- Inner Beauty - A specialty salon for cancer survivors
CaringBridge offers free, personalized websites to people facing various medical conditions, hospitalization, medical treatment, and/or recovery from a significant accident, illness, injury, or procedure. The purpose of the site is to allow family members and friends to receive information about a particular individual. Individuals can create their own personal website to share with others or visitors can read updates on individuals or post messages to the family.